Friday, March 23, 2007

Stay At Home Mom - And Lovin' It!!!

I taught at a preschool/daycare center for 3 years and thought I was pretty darn good at it. You think potty time is hard with one 2 year old. Try Eight!! It'll make you sweat. Although childcare does not pay well, I just couldn't get myself to quit. I loved those kids so much. I felt so fulfilled at the end of the day. My motto was "I'll treat your children the way you would". And I thought I was. . . Until I had one of my own. No matter how much I loved those 2 year olds, it wasn't the way I love my own. There is no equal replacement for mother.

And because I worked at a daycare center, I'll do whatever I can to not ever have to put my children in one. Are they abused there? No. Are they loved there? Sometimes. Do they get all the attention they need? Not always. And more importantly, that attention isn't coming from the one from whom they want it most - mother.

MB

No comments: