Saturday, April 7, 2007

Shine in public

I've only been a parent for a few years, but it's been long enough to know that as cute as little children are, it is often pretty difficult to raise them. The problem with this realization is that it seems like the world is coming to think of parenting only in terms of the difficulties that come with it. While it is true that parenting is a very demanding responsibility, those demands are Nothing compared to the joy that we feel when a two year old randomly decides to wraps his/her little arms around your neck and say "I just love you sooo much". I know that any parent can recollect countless experiences of amazing joy that have been sparked by their children. On the other hand, I'm sure that every parent has experienced the challenge of dealing with a naughty child in public. (This is where I would like to make my point) As I've been with my own children in public on countless occasions, I have often felt a desire to show forth the joys a parenting, and try very hard to minimize the difficulties as much as possible. I want the people around me to feel a little bit of the indescribable joy that I've felt as a parent. Again, as I stated before, I know that the difficulties are important, and that they are a part of parenting, but I just feel like if we as parents could let the light and joys of parenting shine forth more and more, that just maybe we could influence some around us to either start or strengthen their own family.

No comments: